Thursday, April 5, 2012

The other night I went to sleep thinking about how lucky my family is to receive so much goodness from family and from strangers. I don't know if I look completely overwhelmed and incapable when I go out in public; that probably underestimates the kindness of people, but I always have someone helping me out when I go out. Like the other day, I was asking Archer to pass me his trash, he was distracted and couldn't quite reach all the trash in the way he was sitting and some lady came over and handed me the trash so I could tidy up our area. Wow. People bring me shopping carts and take mine back to the shopping cart area all the time. The substitute teacher at Wiley's school made us dinner after York's accident for crying out loud! It makes me all throat lumpy and eye teary just to think about the kindness in the world.

3 comments:

Grammy said...

me too .. i'm lumpy and teary. your karma must be showing!

Roseann McFadden Clavelli said...

Elizabeth - I, too, have been overwhelmed by the kindness of people. And I'm so grateful for the many things that have been done to ease our day-to-day issues. My goal: pay it forward (when you can).

Roseann McFadden Clavelli said...

Elizabeth - I, too, have been overwhelmed by the kindness of people. And I'm so grateful for the many things that have been done to ease our day-to-day issues. My goal: pay it forward (when you can).