Today after acting class we walked down to the durham farmer's market, bought a baguette and added that to the cheese, turkey, spinach, and chocolate chip oatmeal cookies I brought with me. Then Amelia, Andy, Donovan, and Olive joined us. The kids ate for a minute then took off. They played some amazing game on the giant field running between a tree on one side of the field and some bird sculpture on the other side. They played without incident for hours. I don't really know what they played but one time Olive came over "I came to say hello to the grandmas" (meaning Amelia and me). When we left Wiley was so full of mixed emotions, he said, "That was the best day of my life. I miss Olive already. I had the most fun. More fun than playing any video game or watching any movie [that is no doubt the biggest compliment ever. this kid loves his electronics]" When I asked what made the day so fun, he said, "friends" --meaning Olive and Archer.
Then we went to a birthday party, where there was more great behavior and fun!
1 comment:
thats so sweet
Post a Comment