Wiley, Archer, and I are in DC. We drove up today, quite uneventfully, stopping twice to nurse/change diapers. Not bad, really.
Of course on the way up here we have to drive through Petersburg, VA. which reminded me of the time I took one of my foster kids up to the prison there to see his dad. I didn't make it through the metal detectors due to my underwire bra. And I could have sworn the metal detector guy told me I could go to the bathroom and "take it off." looking back now I think he might have said, "take care of it." Well, I did go to the bathroom and took my bra off and tried going back through the line with it in my pocket. The metal detector guy looked at me like I was crazy. Looking back, that was appropriate, I don't know why I thought that would have been any better. Luckily one of the more seasoned ladies took me aside and told me to take the metal out of my bra and put the bra back on. Which I did and finally made it through the detector. Thankfully my little boy was too nervous about seeing his dad for the first time in many many years that he didn't seem to notice my problems. Which brings me to my next thought, about how poorly I was treated as an employee at DCDSS. I always went above and beyond for them, tracking down MIA parents and consistently had all my paperwork in on time, etc. I think it all stems from me telling them I didn't think they should expect everyone to pray before all their meetings, it was a freaking government agency. Leaving there and working at OCDSS and now CO was the best thing I've ever done.
So everyone but me might have figured this out a long time ago, but I've been thinking a lot about the morals of Disney movies...and was thinking about Toy Story. So it's gotta be about siblings right? Andy is the metaphoric parent, Woody is the first born and Buzz is the new baby...moral being that Andy still loves Woody. Maybe this is why Wiley loves this movie so much, it totally speaks to him.
Archer is so cute. He's laughing all the time now, it's really the best sound in the world. It's getting harder for him to go to sleep because he just wants to smile and communicate in his way to anyone in his eyesight.
Wiley is getting the hang of the alphabet..."what's washington start with?" then he'll make the "wuh" sound for a "W!" He's so smart.
No comments:
Post a Comment