well, i just looked at a calendar and I'm officially freaking out and sad about returning to work. I know, I have said very recently that I was excited to be going back, but it wasn't such a reality at that point. I feel like I've barely spent any time with Archer, but I guess that's the lot of a second child. Oh the guilt.
So, we have returned from a short vacation with Grammy. It had it's highs and lows, but it's taught me some things about my son and I guess as he grows I'll be able to figure out if these discoveries are part of his personality or are due to his age. Wiley doesn't sleep well when not in his own comfort zone: Wiley on not enough sleep likes to bite: When Wiley bites I say really mean things, like, I'll take you to the dentist and tell them to pull all your teeth out if you bite me again. Wiley on not enough sleep also will step on other peoples' feet, walk past other kids and pinch them, and pull hair.
But then, he'll be sweet as can be within minutes, like when our plane landed, Wiley walked up to the pilot and (wihtout prompting) said, 'thank you for landing me in North carolina."
He's also figured out that when I have Archer in the carrier it's hard for me to bend down and grab his arm so he will squat as low as he can and walk away from me like that.
Some highlights from our trip:
Grammy waited in the hot hot sun for an hour to see Ariel. When Wiley got up to Ariel he said, I'm feeling shy and wouldn't go sit with her. I carried him and he faced away from her the whole time until we left. I was already out of the visiting area when Wiley said "I'm not feeling shy anymore" and wanted to go back. Luckily they let him go and sit with her and say hello.
Wiley went to see It's Tough to be a bug, a 3d show with a warning that it could be scary for kids. since he loved Pirates of the Carribean, and went on it 2x, I didn't think it could be that bad. But I was wrong and he spent several minutes of the show screaming and crying in fear. Oops. Archer, tho, was fine.
He got to meet Buzz, not nearly as impressed as I thought he would be. Probably because he'd been pulled away from the gift shop where he was trying to get a $24 stuffed animal type of woody doll.
Wiley would often want to play out the movies he's seen and was reminded of on vacation. So he'd assign roles. He's always be the main character (aladdin, nemo, ariel, tarzan, etc). In generaly, I'd get to be the love interest (jasmine, dory, eric, jane, etc). Then, he'd assign grammy's role, and she was ALWAYS the villain: (jafar, the shark, ursula, the mean man with the yellow hat, etc).
Grammy was teaching Wiley to swim and he loved that. When i took him into the pool he asked to learn some more then announced to the random folks around us. "Look everyone, I'm learning to swim!"
Some highlights from our trip:
2 comments:
a few addendums: of course my camera froze when i wanted to take a photo of Ariel but the staff photographer obliged and its available for $24; the bug 3d involved pitch black and a "bug spray" mist and some swatting motion and noises; no camera again for Buzz up close and the camera phone couldnt get it all in frame; and i do make a good Ursula, etc.
second children have it rough.
Post a Comment