When I was swinging Wiley on a swing he said, "this makes my body feel delighted."
Yesterday we went on a geology hike. Usually these things are like 30 mins long and maybe you walk twenty feet off a trail. Yesterday, though, the guide was giving his introduction and he was like, this will take 2-3 hours, but we'll go slow. Now, I had signed up on the phone and told them I was bringing my 3 and 1 year olds. Thankfully I had convinced York to come and I had the smarts to pack a water bottle and some snacks. So, we started off and walked to an abandoned mine where there is pyrophilite, a very cool rock. Wiley loved this. Our guide was an old Swiss man, pretty big and who confessed he had just had a kidney infection. His slow, just sick, old man pace was still pretty fast for our family. He was kinda gruff, like if you answered a question wrong he would say "NO," and didn't seemed angered when we didn't know the direction of the rocks (Northeast by Southwest!!). Anyway, we'd been hiking and finding rocks for about 1 1/2 hours when he took us to the site of a rock slide. Archer and I stayed behind because it was so trecherous. The rest of the group was gone for a while and eventually I saw them coming back down, about half way down York motioned for me to come get Wiley so I did and he explained that the guide had passed out. With lots of luck I saw a ranger walking by and sent him up the rock slide to help our guide, who was eventually re-hydrated and cooled off. But we were all sent back to the parking lot, which was a 45 min hike away. York was soo mad and basically grumbled and cursed the whole way back home. So, 3 hours 45 mins later we were home. Wiley, Archer, and I had a good time despite the problems, heat, and need for water. And our guide was ok, too.
1 comment:
the important thing is wiley, you and archer had a good time! and that the guide was not seriously ill. family outings should be fun no matter what happens.
Post a Comment