well, last night I sat Wiley on the potty at 11pm and he peed (i think, it was dark) and went back to sleep. Then he came into our room around 4am, his undies were dry so I was like, let's go to the potty. he kept saying, "I already peed" and I kept feeling his undies saying, "no you didn't, your undies are still dry, let's go." and he kept saying, "noooo, I already peed." We went back and forth like that, I thought he had a case of the night crazies and I carried him into the bathroom and took his undies down to sit him on the potty, that's when I realized what was going on. The toilet seat was all wet! My dear boy had gotten out of bed at 4am and peed in (on) the potty all by himself! I had put a very bright night lite in there, mostly for my benefit for an anticipated night pee that I planned on initiating, never did I suspect that Wiley would use it. Tonight I'l be sure the seat is up.
Archer is 4 months old today.
We checked out two child cares. Ugh. they suck. I feel so bad for the kids who have to go to these places. In the first, the 3 year olds were watching a movie, (which i find unacceptable for a place calling itself a preschool or child care center) and in the 2 year old classroom the "teacher" was sitting against a wall, totally ignoring the kids Text messaging. I was pissed. Pissed for the kids. Pissed for their parents. Pissed that families pay $850/month or more for this kind of care. And it was dark and the toys Wiley picked out to play with while I talked to the teacher were, literally, all broken.
The second place was kind of opposite, but to the extreme. Like waaaay tooo clean, like the kids must have spent all their time cleaning up or they never really got to play like kids should because organization and cleanliness was too valued. and the teacher was really negativistic, I firmly believe in telling kids what they should do--not just what they shouldn't do so they aren't always hearing "no" "don't" except of course when it's a dangerous situation. (eg. "walk" instead of "don't run.") While we were waiting for our turn I heard her yelling at the kids to sit down and be still and when they had to line up to go outside they all had to keep their hands on the wall and line up straigh. Yuck. they're two, it's a short hallway, that's not necessary. I don't want Wiley to have to be a little robot.
So we have 2 more places to visit next week. one is where olive goes, but they may not actually have space, same with the other place...
On the upside wiley peed in the potty at each place.
2 comments:
wiley never ceases to amaze me. he can do anything he puts his mind to i'm sure of it
wonderful update ... hope daycare inspections improve.
Post a Comment