Geez, so it was a rough day, Wiley did well behaviorally, really well, no complaints, but it was still a harsh day. I broke the coffee pot all over the floor and had to yell at Wiley to stay away, "I want to see..." he had only socks on. Then after I got that all cleaned up I knocked something off the top of the fridge that fell on a glass on the counter and shattered that glass all over the counter and floor. I spent like an hour cleaning up shards of glass and of course I'm still finding them here and there. Later, at the library, Wiley got his fingers closed in the bathroom door: lots of crying. Later, Wiley smacked himself in the head with his Woody doll: lots of crying. Later, while making cookies Wiley grabbed for the cookies (after being told repeatedly they're hot don't touch) and burned his hand: lots of crying for a looong time. Then before bed I tried giving him some motrin because I knew his hand would be throbbing over night and he thought I was trying to hurt him: lots of crying. Glad it's over and we're ready for tomorrow. I think he was perpetually tired today because he was up often last night. One coversation I remember around 3am went like this: "so goldfish don't have the right vitamins in them?"
"no, they are just a snack"
"what about water?"
"water doesn't have vitamins but it's still really healthy for you, most of your body is made up of water"
"so we have to eat healthy foods before we eat goldfish?"
"yes"
"oh"
2 comments:
i have two spare coffee pots in my storage space. what a day. but better that it happened all at once and you can move on to a better day in the morning. W&A are lucky to have such an intelligent answering mom. i dont think i'd have been that thorough. i KNOW i wouldnt have been!
hang in there. tomorrow is another day!
Post a Comment